LIVE IN NORTH EAST EDMONTON
Sifton Park is bounded on the north by 137 Avenue, on the west by 50 Street, and on the east by 40 Street. To the south the neighbourhood backs onto Kennedale Ravine and provides easy access to the famous river valley trail system.
Named after Arthur Sifton, the second premier of the province of Alberta, Sifton Park was first subdivided for development in 1912, but distance from the city center halted development for decades. Sifton Park remained undeveloped until the approval of the Clareview Development Plan in 1972 and the following oil boom of the 1970s. Then development exploded, and 80% of the neighborhood’s units were built before 1980.
The Sifton Park neighborhood has a highly mobile population; 68% renter-occupied, and a significantly higher than average numbers of residents who have recently moved from elsewhere in Canada, or another country.
The neighborhood’s population skews slightly younger than average, with almost a quarter of residents in their 20s but unsurprisingly for a neighborhood with such a high rate of rented properties, the area is dominated by low-rise apartments and row houses, as well as some single detached residences.
Sifton Elementary School
Homesteader Elementary School
St Maria Goretti Catholic School
Sifton Park Animal Hospital
Real Canadian Superstore