Rideau Park

LIVE IN SOUTH EDMONTON

Rideau Park was named after Rideau Hall, the residence of the Governor-General of Canada and is bounded on the west by 111 Street, on the east by Calgary Trail, on the north by Whitemud Drive, and on the south by 40 Avenue, 106 Street, and a line running half a block north of 40 A Avenue. The nearby Whitemud Drive provides easy east/west commuting, and proximity to Gateway Boulevard/Calgary Trail provides great access to the Whyte Ave and downtown areas.

Rideau Park is a mixed use neighborhood: residential zoning is only dominant in the western third of the neighborhood, commercial, urban service, and other zonings make up the rest.

The neighborhood was annexed to the city in 1959, but developed mostly in the 1970s and 1990s; there was a large gap between development booms in the neighborhood.

Mostly 70% are low-rise apartments and almost all the remaining 30% are single-detached homes.

Almost 60% of homes are renter-occupied; this makes sense given the predominance of apartments over houses in the neighborhood.

A retirement community in the neighborhood of Rideau Park, means that statistically it is quite old and over 20% of Rideau Park residents are over 70.

Community League

Schools:

Rideau Park School

Harry Ainlay School

Louis St Laurent Catholic School

St Martin Elementary School

Amenities:

Tim Hortons

Petrolia Mall

Sobeys

Rexall Pharmacy