Oxford

LIVE IN NORTH EDMONTON

The neighbourhood of Oxford is bounded on the south by 153 Avenue, on the north by 167 Avenue, and on the east by 127 Street. The western boundary is half a block west of 132 Street.

Residential development of the neighbourhood began in the second half of the 1980s and continued through the 1990s. 90% of residences in the neighbourhood are single-family dwellings. The remaining 10% are duplexes and 88% of residences are owner-occupied, with the remaining 12% rented out.

All neighbourhoods within the Palisades are named after early fur trade forts and posts. Oxford takes its name from the “Oxford House,” which was a Hudson’s Bay Company post in what is now southwest Manitoba.

The interior roadways within the neighbourhood are built around a central collector road from which a series of smaller loops and cul-de-sacs are connected.

The Province of Alberta claimed ownership for this wetland under the Public Lands Act and any future development within the area will need to conform to applicable Provincial regulations on wetland disturbance and wildlife protection. Prior to urban development, most of the land within Oxford was used for agricultural cultivation. It is largely owner –occupied at 95%.

Community League

Schools:

Elizabeth Finch Elementary-Junior High School

Amenities:

Original Joe’s Restaurant

Tim Hortons

Duke’s Bar and Grill

Burger King