LIVE IN EAST CENTRAL EDMONTON
Kenilworth was named in the early 1900s and appears on some of the earliest maps of Edmonton. It was named after the town and castle of Kenilworth in Warwickshire, England which was built in 1122.
Kenilworth is located on land annexed to the City of Edmonton in 1960. The southern portion of the annexation, along the CPR right-of-way to Fort Saskatchewan, became an industrial subdivision. The Kenilworth neighbourhood is located in the northern portion of the annexed land and is bounded on the west by 75 Street, on the east by 50 Street, on the south by 82 (Whyte) Avenue, and on the north by 90 Avenue. The west end of the Sherwood Park Freeway is located just to the south of the neighbourhood, providing access to Sherwood Park. Since Kenilworth is bounded on each side with a major traffic routes, neighbourhood residents have good road access to several major shopping and employment hubs.
There are three schools in the neighbourhood: The Waverly Elementary School and the Kenilworth Junior High School, both which are operated by the Edmonton Public School System. The remaining school is the Ecole Jeanne D’Arc. The neighbourhood also has an arena, the Kenilworth Arena.
Waverly Elementary School
Kenilworth Junior High School
Ecole Jeanne D’Arc