Beverly Heights

LIVE IN NORTH EAST EDMONTON

Named after the town of Beverly, which was annexed into Edmonton in 1961, Beverly Heights is bounded on the south by the North Saskatchewan River Valley, on the north by 118 Avenue, on the west by 50 Street, and on the east by 34 Street and 36 Street.

The area has strong ties to the coal mining history and the Bush mine in particular was a major employer in this area until its doors shut in the 1950’s. It is a neighborhood brimming with families, with four schools for parents to choose from. The majority of buildings in the Beverly Heights area went up after the end of World War II and 1970, when construction began to significantly slow down. Most are single detached homes although there are scattered low-rise apartments. Beverly Heights is also home to a local landmark called the Beverly Cenotaph which is a memorial that was dedicated in 1920 to honor local veterans.

The south side of the Beverly Heights area gateways to Floden Park and the vista rich river valley, where families can enjoy scenic walks and hikes and active residents can go for an explorative jog on paved trails or paths.

 

Nearby Amenities:

Designated Schools:

  • Ivor Dent School(K-9)
  • Eastglen School(10-12)

Restaurants:

  • Uncle Ed’s Restaurant
  • Bodega
  • Moxie’s Grill & Bar

Shopping:

  • Walmart
  • Real’s No Frills
  • Costco

Things to do:

  • Floden Park
  • Rundle Park
  • Stocked Trout Pond