Well, after all the planning I spent 4 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday and another 2 hours on Monday shopping and picking things. Note: I knew I was still missing items but knew I just needed to get the majority of things.
We went to IKEA, Canadian Tire, Costco, Walmart, Homesense and Home Depot (and did also go to Goodwill afterwards too for a great score on coffee mugs!)Having a list before you go is helpful, but having where you are going to get them assists you even more. It took me awhile because I also was trying to find the best price for items. If I picked up a Keurig for example at Canadian Tire I made sure I checked the price out at Walmart to see if I needed to do a return/price match.
There were things I was able to take from our home that we didn’t need anymore that would work at the townhouse.
Shopping was definitely more overwhelming and more work then I originally thought. At one point I thought, what did I get myself into…and that was only the shopping portion!
Here are my tips to you if you are shopping for an AirBNB
- Make a master list of all items, per room of each house
- Search online for pricing and put the name of the store you are going to go to for each item
- Keep all your reciepts for price matching/refunds
- Plan out time to go to each store, if you don’t want to hit everything up on one day make sure to plan enough time to go everywhere you need
- Take a truck, take a helping hand (I had my two boys help me which I needed the extra hands to push carts as we filled more than one cart at a a few places)
- Be patient with yourself, take breaks (we definitely had a donut break and water break)
Take a look at the next post on the set up of the townhouse!